What is bubbling under in interiors now? The answer is – lots of things! The safe answer is still “Anything Goes” but there are variations.
Still hanging on from recent trends:
• From the catwalk – block colour
• Style your home like a Hotel – never goes out of fashion
• Indoor meets outdoor – the more merged the better
New for 2014:
• Kitchen embellishments – add some personality
• Playfulness – with accessories
• Graphic and geometric prints and patterns – wallpaper
• Modern Bohemia – with an ethnic twist
• Copper – it’s everywhere in lighting
• Turquoise – or almost mint
And ones I’m not so sure about:
• Hide on furnishings – too many cowhide handbags
• Honey- toned wood – just simply wrong!
There you have it – and now that you are in the know, you’ll recognise all of these trends around you in shops, magazines, fashion, hotels and bars. Thanks to Cult Furniture http://www.cultfurinture.com for the Vegas lights I’ve used in the title graphic. Who wants to be a slave to fashion, but it is nice to know what direction the industry is headed in this year.